How Much Can the 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 Tow?
The 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 13,000 pounds when equipped with the optional 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine with the Max Trailering Package and 20-inch wheels. Although it’s technically a light-duty pickup, the new GMC Sierra 1500 is fit for just about any job around The Villages. Below, you can learn more about the GMC Sierra towing capacity and available towing features.
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity
When equipped with the Crew Cab and the Short Bed or Standard Bed, as well as the 6.2L V8 engine and Max Trailering Package, the GMC Sierra can tow up to 13,000 pounds. Here’s a quick overview of the features you’ll need to maximize towing:
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options for This Towing Capacity: 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Cab Style: Crew Cab
- Wheel Style: 20-inch (downgrading to 18” wheels with all else being equal will decrease towing capacity to 11,700 lbs)
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Max Trailering Package: You’ll need this package to achieve the maximum 13,000-pound towing capacity. This package equips your GMC Sierra with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42-inch axle ratio, as well as revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When you use the Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake automatically activates when you put your truck in Park so it doesn’t roll.
- Trailering Camera Package: This package installs two side-view mirror cameras to simplify changing lanes and reversing when you have a trailer in tow. These cameras can also be combined with a trailer-mounted camera for even better visibility.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system configures the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping to suit the drive mode you’re using.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: The control buttons located on the center console give drivers the freedom to control and monitor the trailer brakes.
What is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
The available ProGrade Trailering System gives Williston drivers access to cutting-edge towing technology, including high-resolution cameras, a high-tech infotainment display, and smartphone integration. Here’s a closer look at some of the technologies you can look forward to with the GMC Sierra 1500:
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: The dynamic grid line with zoom capability makes hitching a trailer much easier.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: You can test your trailer lights with the trailer light sequence test before you hit the roads around Dunnellon.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: This in-vehicle trailering app and phone app includes pre-departure checklists, Trailer Theft Detection, programmable trailer brake settings, and more.
Test Drive a GMC Sierra 1500 at Sullivan Buick GMC
What can the 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 tow? Almost anything you need with its 13,000-pound towing capacity. Experience the power of a GMC Sierra 1500 from the driver’s seat at Sullivan Buick GMC! Learn about the GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity, engine specs, and more. Contact us online or call us at (352) 433-0935. For more opportunities to save on your next purchase, explore our new vehicle specials. Check out our GMC research hub to learn more about the GMC Sierra and other GMC vehicles.
More from Sullivan Buick GMC
When it comes to finding a vehicle that perfectly suits your needs and preferences, the 2024 Buick Enclave offers a range of configurations to choose from in The Villages. Whether you prioritize space, technology, or performance, there’s a Buick Enclave trim level that aligns with your desires in Ocala and for the price you want….
Returning for the 2024 model year, the Buick Encore GX arrives with fresh updates, including new 18- and 19-inch wheel choices, a revamped front end, and distinctive winged LED headlamps. However, the most remarkable enhancements for Williston drivers can be found within the cabin. The interior boasts a redesigned dashboard layout featuring the all-new…
Are you thinking about making the new Terrain your next vehicle? It looks fantastic, but how much can the 2024 GMC Terrain tow on our The Villages roads? Drivers who like to take their jet ski or jon boat out to the water on the weekend will be glad to know that the maximum 2024…